FCW Society

"FCW Society is dedicated to promoting and exploring feminist issues and interests while spreading the word and celebrating the fact that women are so fucking cool!" "Respect. Empower. Celebrate."

Name:
Location: Everywhere, Earth

Saturday, January 07, 2006

FCW Encounter in Los Angeles!

It was on friday..bored at work I had just passed out my little New Year cards to all of the other employees..everyone was in a festive mood and in walks Erin Brochovich. She looked exactly like she did when the movie came out. I didn't recognize her at first, and then it hit me.I read her book when I was disabled and I remember her picture .I t was her. I didn't cacth on till midway in the sale.She bought some cool stuff and chatted on and on like a flight attendant.I told her of my injury due to toxic air on the plane and she said " Oh I get calls everyday about this problem...once this administration changes over..everyone will know how serious a problem it is" ..I said that I was working in the shoe store to save up for a colon therapy machine and that I was a colon therapist.Her eyes got real big " I love that" " I am a true believer of colon therapy after everything I have seen happen to people..I am working with a school in Beverly Hills now where all of the kids are getting cancer because of an old gas well that was abandoned and leaks into the area" she also mentioned that she was working on another book. After the sale I helped her carry her bags to her car,she said that she was meeting her husband for lunch.when her got to the car she said that she was also doing some work in Indonesia..I said "Oh I love Bali!!" she said "Oh did you stay at the Four Seasons? It's great" I said 'No I had a friend who's husband is a doctor so we stayed at her home,it was nice cause we had servants and a pool in the back,where you can swim naked every morning" she said " Oh that's better than where I stayed" " That sounds great"....I said goodbye and she was off.....then about an hour later she came in again but this time she was with her husband and another man. She said " I just had to bring them in the wonderful store you have the best shoes ever"..she bought some slippers and more socks and then she asked to try on this new high heeled sexy,yet comfortable boot that I adore and wanted.She was a size 8 like me so I checked on it ..and we had already sold out...so I did the unthinkable..this jazzy,sexy,,comfortable boot..only one left..on hold for me to purchase...I couldn't help it I gave her My boot and told her it was the last one....it fit her like a glove"Oh I love it ''I'll take it thanks for finding it for me" (little did she know) so I sold her the boot and some other things again and shook her hand and thanked her for doing such a great job at bringing awareness of Toxic Exposure in our world to the forefront. She was the nicest,kindest,and most realistc person I have met in Studio City. They are far and few between....believe me...Talking to her was like talking to a friend.it was nice and I feel so lucky to have met her..right there in Studio City..in the little shoe shop...and of all people to sell her shoe's .....me.


always roamin' Rebecca Rose Gonzales

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home